A simple yet excellent sugar cookie recipe for any season.
You can also add chocolates or candies at the top to make them even more special. The taste of the cookie itself reminds you of the holidays.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies. Try this simple sugar cookie recipe at home, you will simply love it!
- 260g plain flour
- 120g caster sugar
- 170g butter, unsalted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 baking powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and start to grease and line the baking pans.
- Cream the sugar and butter together until smooth and then add in the egg and vanilla.
- Carefully blend in the rest of the ingredients and make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Roll the well combined dough into rounds and place them on the baking pan.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown.
- Monitor constantly. Once done, remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack.